Friday, May 16, 2014

Athlete of the Day: Jared Boudreau



Jared Boudreau is a Senior Lacrosse player who grew up in vermont, born and raised in a little town called Hinesburg vermont with only a few thousand people in town. He went to a public high school for 3 years until he was able to go to a prep school at Brewster Academyin New Hampshire.  There he boarded for 2 years. "This was an excellent opportunity for me both academically and athletically as it opened a lot of doors for me and helped pave the way for me to end up here as a dragon."

A true Dragon fan is up to date with the current events of the school athletic programs. Of this is you then you know that on Sunday May 18th our Lacrosse will be taking on Denver in Delaware. This is a special team, just ask Jared, "Honestly, this team is something special, having been on the sideline for 3 years to now starting and playing all the time is literally a dream come true. The fact that this team has had the resilience it has had to survive and advance in such a great way has been something truly amazing." Definitely these guys go out there and give it their all and when you can tell a player is working hard on the field that's a good sign for success. 
I've been on great teams in my Career at Drexel and I always wanted a conference championship. Just so I can come back and say "I did that". Although that never happened for me I'm glad my buddy Jared got the chance to taste what a conference championship is like. "I can't believe that this has finally happened and love that I have been able to be a part of something as special as tying 80 plus years of drexel lacrosse alumni together and creating such a great year for our program. I am really proud of the whole team top to bottom." So is everyone at Drexel. 

What was it like playing Penn in the first round?
The battle of 33rd Street is something you look forward to as an athlete. I know when we would play University of Pennsylvsnia Basketball team it was a huge deal. We see those guys often around the city and it's nice to just beat on some Ivy League kids. This was no different for Jared and his band of brothers. Just look at what he says about the experience. "It was surreal, there aren't many other adjectives I can think of to describe it other than just that, surreal. These are the days I was dreaming of as a 10 year old kid in my back yard playing on the big stage scoring goals and making plays with the guys I have come to call my brothers."

If you saw the Dragons in actions last week you noticed that Jared has quite a plethora of celebration dances. My favorite was when he was left dead open and "sniped" one right past the keeper he did what we call in basketball the gooseneck or if you know Jim Jones, the balling sign. I asked Jared what he thought about his celebration dances. "My celebrations are something I have really, and sadly to admit, have stolen from former players I have known, the ice sweep is one from my days of playing hockey and one which I stole from former brewster standout and syracuse attackman Stephen Keogh. My other celebration was a bit more simple simply because the referee told me to tone it down, so I simply did a little "notch" down with my hand as to say "count it" as a small exclamation point on the goal." Don't worry about it Jared everyone "borrows" from everyone. 

I like to thank Jared Boudreau for doing with me. Good luck to you my friend! 


No comments:

Post a Comment