Monday, May 5, 2014

Today's Athlete: Kelly McDevitt


Kelly McDevitt is a Junior at Drexel University, who grew up in Doylestown, PA which is about an hour outside of Philadelphia.  She has an older brother, who played basketball at Widener University.  She is a huge Philadelphia Flyers fan and love the Eagles as well.  I'm majoring in Accounting at Drexel with hopes of getting my CPA after graduation.

Kelly plays Lacrosse here at Drexel her position is on defense and she not afraid to mix it up with the opposing team. In 2013 McDevitt caused a turnover against Hofstra and Villanova, also in that same year she won a draw control in the Dragons victory over Delaware. Kelly recalls her most lopsided win at Drexel was against Mount St. Mary's (CA) in 2012.  "We beat them 15-0.  It's huge to have a shut out in women's lacrosse!"

Not all the teams Kelly played for we're great. Just like every athlete, who has thier share a of bad teams before they get a chance to play an elite team, "the worst team I have been on was probably my club lacrosse team. It's kind of cliche because that team is the reason I got recruited to come play at Drexel.  We were absolutely terrible, got crushed every game, and half of the time we never had enough players because no one had enough dedication to the sport.  The lack of dedication was the reason I made it the worst team to be a part of."

Kelly loves the eagles so much that if she had the opportunity she would coach them. "If I could I would be the head coach the Philadelphia Eagles.  I love football, the atmosphere in the stadiums, fans, and just the game in general!  Philadelphia is an awesome city for professional sports teams.  The fans are brutal, but amazing.  It makes the sport so much more fun and exciting.  And to coach that talented of athletes would be a cool experience.  My cousin plays in the NHL and the level of play, intelligence of the athletes, and dedication to the sport amazes me.  It is really awesome to see how many aspects of life a sport can impact."

If you've ever seen Kellyaround campus you would that she always smiling and you could just feel how approachable she is. Many people would agree with me about how outgoing she is and how easy she to talk to

Kelly and I share something in common but honestly who wouldn't credit their favorite candy as Reese's. I mean they're just so enjoyable.

I want to thank Kelly McDevitt for taking the time to do this with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment